- eBrainPool client allows use of software from remote hosts.
- Use software across different operating systems and hardware architectures.
- Remote software works with local data.
- Data isolation via sandboxing - only local data,to be worked upon,is accessible, all other data at both ends is hidden.
- Development on-going to work over multiple network topologies - Mesh, Decentralised, Client Server, LAN, WAN.
- Development on-going for integration with Retroshare.
- Development on-going to support multiple display protocols.
- GPLv3 license.
- Operating System: Currently Linux.
- Network topology: Designed to work on LAN (using Avahi), Mesh (tested with olsr), Decentralized (work on-going for integration with Retroshare), Client Server (planned).
- Sandboxing: Using LXC.
- Messaging: Currently plain-text over TCP, ultimately aim to use Apache Thrift.
- Remote Display Protocol: Currently works with the X Window system used over SSH and also x2go. Others are planned.
- Remote network access: OpenSSH with Password and PGP keys.